In this short video, we will talk about all the things we’ve learned from performing over 2000 events in Ontario, and “How to Keep Your Dance Floor Packed.”
We address all the essential things you will need to help make sure your guests have the most memorable time ever!
– Where is the best place to put the wedding dance floor?
– Where isn’t the best place to put the wedding dance floor?
– What size dance floor would you recommend?
– How do you know how many people will be dancing?
– Where do you recommend we put our live band in the hall or venue?
and lots more* In the video, I incorrectly refer to Staci Nichols being from San Francisco. She is actually from San Diego and awesomely talented! Check out her fantastic post on “The Secrets to the Perfect Wedding Floor Plan”
Our Complete Dance Floor Checklist by DCF Wedding Music is available to all our clients. To summarize, the dance floor needs to have the following factors:
1. Location, Location, LocationMake sure the wedding dance floor is as central as possible, close to the bar and entertainment and NOT in the corner of the room or a separate room. Position your wedding guests so that they are close to the dance floor so they can enjoy the music and dancing and feel like they’re a part of the action even when taking a break. If you’ve got fun wedding extras, such as a photo-booth, late night food table or other fun activities, position them CLOSE to the dance floor and wedding entertainment.
2. Bigger Isn’t Always BetterLean towards a “slightly too small” wedding dance floor that feels packed rather than a big dance floor that feels empty. People like to be close together when they’re having fun – they can share their best moves when they feel comfortable!
3. Most importantly, the BIGGEST Secret to Keeping the Dance Floor Packed…Your guests are at your wedding because they love and support you! Their #1 desire is to have a great time eating, drinking, dancing and celebrating with YOU. If you and your new husband or wife are out on the dance floor enjoying yourselves, your guests will be there too! They want to support you, and they will follow what you are doing. Decide as a couple that you will lead by example and get out there and dance! You don’t have to have the level of talent of Dancing With the Stars, just have fun!
I hope this post helps, and I wish you all the best of luck with your upcoming wedding!